Mindfulness Coaching with Katie
Looking to learn about how mindfulness can help you or wanting to develop in a certain area of your life? I've been there, and I can help!
What kinds of topics can be addressed in coaching?
The approach, content, and intention of the coaching programs will vary with each person, because YOU are unique! Here are some sample topics:
- "I keep hearing about mindfulness and meditation, but I'm kind of intimidated by it and I'm wondering if it would actually be useful for me."
- "I struggle with stress, worry, and anxiety. I'm looking for help in dealing with these feelings because they're having a negative effect on me."
- "I feel like I'm stuck in the same old habits that aren't so healthy, and I need help out of my rut."
- "A lot of the time, I feel kind of bad about myself. I worry a lot about pleasing other people, and often it makes me unhappy."
- "Life feels scary right now because of a new job/a recent loss/an upcoming change. How do I face this with courage?"
How does it work?
You can contact me using the form at the bottom of this page, and we'll set up a time to chat via Skype or FaceTime (or in person, if possible). The first call is FREE, and will last about 30 minutes. This is an opportunity for us to get to know each other a bit, and for us to explore and define what you're seeking, to set the intention and focus of our time together. Then you can choose to commit to 4, 6, or 8 regular sessions. These calls will last 45 minutes, and we'll schedule them either weekly or every other week, depending on your needs. Over the course of these sessions, I will provide...
- A listening ear
- Reflection about what I'm hearing from you
- Encouragement and support for the changes you experience
- Resources and tips from a variety of sources
- Ideas for at-home daily practice and reflective writing
- Short guided meditations and reflections specifically designed for you
What do you bring to this & what's your approach to coaching?
I bring sensitivity, empathy, compassion, and a wish to serve. I have experience in teaching mindfulness to children, adolescents, and adults, and I know that while each person is different, there is so much that we share. I am a Qualified Teacher of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program, and I have spent my adult life as a teacher and advisor. Some of my best tools are curiosity, openness, positivity, flexibility.
In my own life I have always sought truth, even before I knew it, and I am always reflecting and seeking to grow, even when growth is painful. As a coach, I am not looking to give a bunch of advice, to rescue you, to tell you what to do, or to prescribe some type of "action plan to meet your goals." My role is to help you to uncover more about yourself, to assist in developing your awareness and self-compassion, and to provide guidance and resources from my training and experience. (Read testimonials about my coaching and teaching.)
What kinds of results can I expect?
This is a question which doesn't exactly have an answer. A lot depends on what your intention is, how much time and attention you are willing and able to give to yourself, and how ready you are for this type of inner exploration. In addition, we as humans are so dynamic that we can't even begin to predict what will happen within and around us when we start to behave and react in new and different ways. You can expect, though, that if you put in time and energy, you will experience growth and transformation as a surprising gradual unfolding.
How much does it cost?
My rates for coaching are on a sliding scale. If you pay at the highest level that you can afford, you'll enable me to provide coaching to others who need to pay less.
- Initial call/meeting: FREE (This gives you have the opportunity to see if this is a good fit for you.)
- Four 50-minute sessions: $400 - $300
- Six 50-minute sessions: $575 - $425
- Eight 50-minute sessions: $750 - $550
(After the package of sessions is completed, if you'd like to continue working together and/or address a new issue, you're welcome to register for more sessions.)
How can I start?
Glad you asked! ;) You can fill out the form below, and I'll contact you shortly to set up our initial session. I look forward to working with you!